wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world

wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world
foto x arnaldo @MMXIproject
A couple of summers ago, coming home from class, I took the subway with a friend and I told her I was trying to start a blog... then I also told her how time consuming and addicting it had become, and that I was wondering if it was something worth doing... she laughed and asked me to let her know when I was done and give her the"link" so she could read it. Then she left and I kept thinking...why? why should I do this ?

Technology has taken us to a new level and we are now, able to "publish ourselves"! PUBLISH OURSELVES however we want to; if you want to be yourself, transparent and out in the open, or even if you want to pretend to be someone else... YOU CAN! Now you can blog and share your thoughts and experiences with people without having them "altered" by the editors, or "chosen" because of how cool or marketable they are...

This space is for us to share; zaidibirindilindilandia-my own little world, my ingenious- and your thoughts!

welcome, and thank you!



Creative Commons License

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lingerie for Fashion Art


The second to last project fro our Fashion Art and Design Class was a LINGERIE project. For it we were able to choose the inspiration or subject and even format... which was great, but all this FREEDOM sometimes just gets you confused... too many options!

I did not want to do something obvious or expected, wanted something romantic and delicate but not cliché... and so-WHERE TO START?

BEING lucky enough to have friends that are artists-artist who come from diferrent countries, bacgrounds and study different things... I am allowed to-every once in a while- see the world like they do- through a somewhat diffrent glass-lens...

So my two ''fine artist friends'' came to my place for a thank you dinner and without me noticing , they had started looking at my artwork that was on the wall-when I looked over-they were quiet... observing, as if it was a gallery... It was since to see that we share the love. passion.appreciation for what each other does.

and then DORIAN goes... Do you know MUCHA? Embarrased of my ignorance I said no... but he kindly andbriefly explained who he was and said I might be interested.. adding that there was something that resembled him--- perhaps the curvy lines!

And then my obsession started... Mucha Mucha Mucha Amazignes!

The following week, I went to BARCELONA and casually there was an exhibit on MUCHA's work at the CaixaForum and I completely fell in love...

here a blurb of my design development!







souveniersinspiration
souveniersinspiration a bit of skething...


final illustration+swatches







No comments:

Post a Comment