wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world

wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world
foto x arnaldo @MMXIproject
A couple of summers ago, coming home from class, I took the subway with a friend and I told her I was trying to start a blog... then I also told her how time consuming and addicting it had become, and that I was wondering if it was something worth doing... she laughed and asked me to let her know when I was done and give her the"link" so she could read it. Then she left and I kept thinking...why? why should I do this ?

Technology has taken us to a new level and we are now, able to "publish ourselves"! PUBLISH OURSELVES however we want to; if you want to be yourself, transparent and out in the open, or even if you want to pretend to be someone else... YOU CAN! Now you can blog and share your thoughts and experiences with people without having them "altered" by the editors, or "chosen" because of how cool or marketable they are...

This space is for us to share; zaidibirindilindilandia-my own little world, my ingenious- and your thoughts!

welcome, and thank you!



Creative Commons License

Friday, February 19, 2010

HORTICULTURALISMO.. presentation!

i've been doing design/art school for the last 9 years and have come to perfectly understand that there is no way for me to not slave over it( don't get me wrong, i enjoy every minute of creating) since DAY 1 and be working until the morning OF with NO SLEEP... i know, its something i need to work on, but believe me---- I try really hard to be REALISTIC AND SIMPLIFY!

nonetheless.take a look at what the "final" presentation looked like.i say "final" because this is only what I PRINTED; add to it all the flat/technical drawings, the swatches(which make the book THICK AND EXCITING.

as i said on the first "topic-related post" i was not happy with the overall presentation of it and neither was Mrs. Field. she argued some of the pages were too much, backdrops and borders were NOT NECESSARY OR FLATERING AT ALL...and just in general that the presentation did not "add" to the designs. I was very dissapointed with this ed of semester just because I wasn't entirely HAPPY with any of my projects(and i didnt even get to FINISH all of them). I THINK they were GREAT IDEAS WITH LOADS OF POTENTIAL but for one or too many reasons(MILAN SUCKS being A MAIN ONE -more on that later-) they didnt make it to the finish line with my approval. in the end the most important thing- was to finish- and have something to show- even if that meant COMPROMISING.

maybe compromising since the beggining is the answer... but someone once told me that one of the most beautifull things about my way of thinking is " that i believe NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE"...
i'll figure it out... sooner rather than later I HOPE!

xxx enjoy!



cover

theme page/direction


keywords
colors
method
group 1group 2
group 3
synthesis

my owncomments:
-i like the INDIVIDUAL PIECES I DESIGNED, but they ooked a bit "forced into being together as color/texture groups".
-i wish my drawing was more "fluid" and clean.- not to have it look like a sticker or a marker illustration, but to be more precise/accurate, yet loose!
more to come... PLEASE COMMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment