after 2 years abroad- I AM BACK!
i am back to the city that never sleeps.
Italy is far now, and so are my Italian habits:
- taking breakfast at the bar [caffé marrocchino+pastry],
- cooking a full meal every evening and actually sitting down with my roommate for a couple of hours to chat
- running to the gelatteria a couple of blocks away to get some home-made gelatto before they close at midnight
- Taking the train to other regions, especially to Florence where my italian step-mom/mother in law cooked amazing (I REALLY MEAN AMAZING) meals
- asparagus and wild berry picking
- not going to schoolLABS on the weekends
- getting out of school by 6:00pm
- buying smaller portions of things at the supermarket (the kind of one person portion that stays fresh without a million preservatives)
- hand washing the dishes, hang drying my clothes and NOT having a microwave, a toaster or an air conditioner...
- having to blow dry my hair because they wont let you leave the house or go to sleep with a wet head.
- having a HUGE room
- not paying more that 5 euro for an AMAZING bottle of wine
- and others that i'm too sad to tell about
Although its been a rough transitory period... I'm all moved in now and just need to make my loft bedded (minuscule) room look decently cute and start the routine. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and things are happening! I'll be starting my LAST year at FIT next week and I am very enthused... senior collection coming up!
Im hoping to freelance so please keep me in consideration...
for now... just a quick salute!