wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world

wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world
foto x arnaldo @MMXIproject
A couple of summers ago, coming home from class, I took the subway with a friend and I told her I was trying to start a blog... then I also told her how time consuming and addicting it had become, and that I was wondering if it was something worth doing... she laughed and asked me to let her know when I was done and give her the"link" so she could read it. Then she left and I kept thinking...why? why should I do this ?

Technology has taken us to a new level and we are now, able to "publish ourselves"! PUBLISH OURSELVES however we want to; if you want to be yourself, transparent and out in the open, or even if you want to pretend to be someone else... YOU CAN! Now you can blog and share your thoughts and experiences with people without having them "altered" by the editors, or "chosen" because of how cool or marketable they are...

This space is for us to share; zaidibirindilindilandia-my own little world, my ingenious- and your thoughts!

welcome, and thank you!



Creative Commons License

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

SURPRISE! MMXIproject!

GRADUATION was TODAY- so I am officially- not a student- but a GRADUATE!
it feels good: AS much as I've been wanting for this day to come,I'm not going to lie- there are mixed emotions.


ANYHOW_ I will speak/write about graduation another day- TODAY... I want to tell you about a great great thing that is happening this week!


THIS THURDAY, MAY 26th is the MMXIproject's 1st presentation.
The MMXIproject is a design collective that myself- and 4 other marvelous ladies- created to establish a platform in which we could share our  work in its pure form. Meaning-without- having to meet anyone's expectations but our own.


 The collective began taking shape when  Amabelle Aguiluz, Nicole Girion, Zaida Goveo Balmaseda (me), Michelle Sordi, and Mary Symczak, met while studying at Politecnico di Milano in Italy and developed bonds both socially and creatively, while working, living, traveling, and studying together.  WE were having this creative rush, and wanted to do something together... and THUS, the MMXIproject started!




manifesto



We come from diverse backgrounds and cultivate different approaches to design but maintain the common thread of respect for the craft.

We create our own standards, exploring the realm between art and fashion.

We explore concepts based on inspirations from our experiences both domestic and international.

We thrive off collaborative efforts and support for one another. 

We strive to create something that is bigger than the individual, but composed of elements of us all.

We believe in NO RESTRICTIONS


ABOUT THE EVENT:



There is a strong effort to not only present the project as final products of a technical craft, but to show the research and thought process to parallel the final result.  The show will exhibit a range of mediums that express the design sensibilities of each designer including textile development, photography, inspiration research, sketches, and actual garments. 

The MMXIproject invites you to come explore OUR worlds, have a drink, and be inspired.




You can learn more about the project @ : www.MMXIproject.com
Share with friends/people you think might enjoy it.

Please RSVP @ MMXIproject@gmail.com



FIND US ON facebook 
and...

THANKS X THE SUPPORT from:
AURALISTUDIO: 
TARA ST. JAMES/STUDY NY: 
and
the always incredible

No comments:

Post a Comment