IT IS TIME!
It is time for an UPDATE.
Its been a whirlwinding couple of weeks, working hard in the preparation for our collection for The Green Fashion Competition.
I've been able to connect to people through my work and it is one of the most rewarding feelings. Its inspiring, encouraging and reaffirming: Its like knowing that you are doing the right thing at the right time, that you are on a "mission" and that the journey is magical!
I love sharing my work, receiving feedback and advice; and I am so fortunate to be surrounded by people that are interested, supportive and sending me amazing vibes.
So, before I bombard you with images I'd like to thank each and every one of you who has reach out and given me good energy and happy wishes, - they go a long way- !
special thanks to:
- Abigail Doan from ECCO*ECO for the beautifully written post on her super-inspiring blog: http://eccoeco.blogspot.com/2011/12/ones-to-watch-at-green-fashion.html
- Tara St. James from STUDY NY, Daniel Silverstein from 100% NY, and Auralis Herrero Lugo from Auralis Studio for letting me recycle their fabric scraps and the encouragement.
- Jessica Velez from Jessica Velez Knitwear for letting me come over and use your studio to drape and knit, and for being there since day 1.
- To my mom -master seamstress and crafter- for joining me on this adventure and becoming a FULL TIMER on our "travelling studio", my sister and her boyfriend who've donated all their free time to cutting fabric strips and learning how to spin (yes, the boyfriend is discovering the world of craft but I won't mention any names because I promised I would say that he was watching the football game while "the girls" sewed their lives away ;P )
- To Leo and Dani for coming over and lending a hand, to my uncles for letting this greenventure take over their apartment, for the understanding and the feeding the entire crew!... AND, thanks to my friends, whose inboxes I've clogged with emails asking for music, styling suggestions and business-plan advice.
OH, one more thing: We are on twitter now, so Follow @zaidibirin
(the resistance is over, I had to give in)
just a little teaser ;) overviewing the "making-of" the alveolo tunic/top
|concoting natural dyes: blackberries, blueberries, coffee, eucalyptus leaves, onion skins and tea, curry, turmeric, black beans and annatto|
|maybe I shouldn't give so much of it away... I cant resist! these are the dyed pant pieces waiting to be sewn|
|fabric scraps waiting to be spun|
|lovely spindle working its magic!|