wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world

wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world
foto x arnaldo @MMXIproject
A couple of summers ago, coming home from class, I took the subway with a friend and I told her I was trying to start a blog... then I also told her how time consuming and addicting it had become, and that I was wondering if it was something worth doing... she laughed and asked me to let her know when I was done and give her the"link" so she could read it. Then she left and I kept thinking...why? why should I do this ?

Technology has taken us to a new level and we are now, able to "publish ourselves"! PUBLISH OURSELVES however we want to; if you want to be yourself, transparent and out in the open, or even if you want to pretend to be someone else... YOU CAN! Now you can blog and share your thoughts and experiences with people without having them "altered" by the editors, or "chosen" because of how cool or marketable they are...

This space is for us to share; zaidibirindilindilandia-my own little world, my ingenious- and your thoughts!

welcome, and thank you!



Creative Commons License

Thursday, April 26, 2012

FEATURED: VNB Magazine's APRIL Issue!

GUESS WHAT???
Some of my pieces are featured in VNB Magazine's APRIL issue/ The Sexy Issue!
VERY EXCITING; this is the first time my clothes have been photographed and published in a fashion/beauty/lifestyle magazine!

Back in March, I met the lovely Kelana Derow, who was going to be one of the featured models for VNB Magazine's APRIL issue. She reached out to me asking if I'd be interested in lending her some of my pieces for the shoot. I agreed, and actually went to the photo-shoot. That is where I met LE QUAN, the Founding Editor-In-Chief of VNB.

Le's Studio+Home/The magazine's headquarters are in Brooklyn, NY. Kelana (the model) Rosemarie Bundy (MUA), "J" (Stylist) and Le were such a wonderful team.  It was very inspiring to meet people who are so passionate about what they are doing and willing to help others out.
You can see the FULL online version of the APRIL/The Sexy Issue HERE!
 Scroll down to see my favorite shots!!!
 ___
I asked Le to send over some information about him and the magazine and here is what he had to say:
What is VNB Magazine all about? What does it contain?
"VNB magazine is the first and only Asian fashion magazine that is devoted to discover and celebrate beauty. Our editorial covers multiple works of up-and-coming models, photographers, make-up artist, and fashion designers that want to reveal glamour, exquisiteness, style and splendor to the world."

What led you to start this publication?
"I started VNB Magazine because I believe everything is possible and that hard work pays off. After 5 years of experience as photographer, I had worked with many talented people and did not see many of them being featured or properly rewarded. I wanted to create a platform that featured those talented people that hadn't been discovered before and brought them out to the public eye.

Since I will not live forever I wanted to create something that could last for a long period of time. So, I took the risk! I know I won't regret it when I look back 10 years from now."

How does your background as a photographer translate into you creating your very own magazine?
"My background as a photographer heps me shoot for whichever theme I want without needing to rely on others. It also helps me to deal with the models, makeup artists, and other collaborators. It gives me the courage to try new ideas and execute my concept."

What are your plans for the magazine?
"In 5 years from now, I would like to publish 50000 copies of the magazine and have it distributed to all states in America."
  ___
I played around with some of the colors here... hope Le doesn't mind!
 
 KELANA wearing the "mossformations+cutouts_tunic"
 KELANA wearing the "root-ed_dress"

KELANA wearing the "CEMENTATION_dress"  (with and w/o the hood!)
                                                  KELANA wearing the "TAFONI_jacket"

1 comment:

  1. It was great working with you guys!! - Kelana

    ReplyDelete