wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world

wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world
foto x arnaldo @MMXIproject
A couple of summers ago, coming home from class, I took the subway with a friend and I told her I was trying to start a blog... then I also told her how time consuming and addicting it had become, and that I was wondering if it was something worth doing... she laughed and asked me to let her know when I was done and give her the"link" so she could read it. Then she left and I kept thinking...why? why should I do this ?

Technology has taken us to a new level and we are now, able to "publish ourselves"! PUBLISH OURSELVES however we want to; if you want to be yourself, transparent and out in the open, or even if you want to pretend to be someone else... YOU CAN! Now you can blog and share your thoughts and experiences with people without having them "altered" by the editors, or "chosen" because of how cool or marketable they are...

This space is for us to share; zaidibirindilindilandia-my own little world, my ingenious- and your thoughts!

welcome, and thank you!



Creative Commons License

Sunday, January 30, 2011

sunday-organicday!

starting off with an inspirational quote...
"...holidays come and go, clothes wear out, bank accounts go up and down, but PHILOSOPHY... LASTS A LIFETIME..."

so lets work on that PHILOSOPHY people...

anyhow, back to business:
today I FINALLY recieved my eco-butterfly ORGANICS & PAKUCHO yarn color card- and I have to say- I was very positively suprised. YES, I payed $25.oo for it, but I am satisfied. I think the pacage was beautifully put together and with lots of educational material to back up their prices... I'm in.

ecobutterfly organics is an online source for eco-friendly, mostly vegan, completely fairly traded yarns. they are member of the Organic consumer's association, the organic trade association, carbonfund, and green america. RARE I must say!

I'll post more of the info they provided because knowledge is an amazing tool and I want to share what I learned today...

but for now- let me tell you about bamboo, soy, corn, milk and seaweed:
BAMBOO- although starting from natural/sustainable form- must go through very harsh toxic chemical processes to evolve into simple soft yarns that will then be conventionally dyed.
SOY and CORN go through the same harsh processes BUT what makes them even worse is that the crop remnants used to make the yarn are GMO-which- Due to their proximity and wind (GMO pollen drift) ARE WIPING OUT the few organic crops. Moreover, the toxic interferes with the butterflies and bees' breeding cycle, killing their potential offspring which is essential for pollination.
read more at www.organicconsumers.org
*taken from the ecobutterfly packaging



No comments:

Post a Comment