wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world

wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world
foto x arnaldo @MMXIproject
A couple of summers ago, coming home from class, I took the subway with a friend and I told her I was trying to start a blog... then I also told her how time consuming and addicting it had become, and that I was wondering if it was something worth doing... she laughed and asked me to let her know when I was done and give her the"link" so she could read it. Then she left and I kept thinking...why? why should I do this ?

Technology has taken us to a new level and we are now, able to "publish ourselves"! PUBLISH OURSELVES however we want to; if you want to be yourself, transparent and out in the open, or even if you want to pretend to be someone else... YOU CAN! Now you can blog and share your thoughts and experiences with people without having them "altered" by the editors, or "chosen" because of how cool or marketable they are...

This space is for us to share; zaidibirindilindilandia-my own little world, my ingenious- and your thoughts!

welcome, and thank you!



Creative Commons License

Thursday, January 27, 2011

urban foraging?


RESEARCHING for my thesis project continues.. and although I cannot remember how, but I bumped into this article about urban foraging
IN LONDON!
Now, London is an incredible city, and incredible were the days
I spent there.
BUT- I do not recall ever seeing much that could be picked up and eaten on the spot.
Maybe we just have to know what we are looking for in order to find it... and that is that!

Also... yesterday I went to HABU textiles, on 29th st, to hunt for some yarn. I am looking for sustainable yarns for MACHINE KNITTING, but the resourses are scarse, and my options very few. A friend had told me to go to habu even if I wasn't going to buy anything because their yarns are so beautiful that you get inspired by just looking. AND SHE WAS SOO RIGHT>>> even though expensive, I couldn't leave the shop with my hands empty.
I bought:
1 oz of handspun tassar silk
content: 100% silk
3 yds.x: $12.95.
and
.5 oz of kibiso silk
100% silk
150yds x $ 6.50
and here they are on my table.. waiting to be taken in consideration.

I figured that they are artisanal yarns, handspun and produced in low quantities- and hopefully under good working condirtions. SO, since they are just going to be an accent in my collection, I can commit this sin- they are just too beautiful.
Can you believe that dread-lock looking yarn is 100% handspun silk? JUST AMAZING!


I am still on the hunt! NEXT: SILK CITY and Lion Brand!
buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment